- exploring new technologies and / or application domains;
- creating links with new Customers and potential partners in a “noncompetitive” contest of win-win partnership;
- enhancing experiences and skills gained in the Group;
- explore new process or technological solutions, alternative to conventional ones;
- enriching the proposed solutions to the Customers with uniqueness elements (patents).
BV TECH invests over the 5% of revenues in industrial research activities, experimental development and acquisition of innovative technologies. It participates in regional, national and european programmes on the study and research of innovative technology platforms in the following main areas of interest:
- Security (of Homeland, Information, Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure)
- Smart Cities and Government;
- Transport and Logistic.
BV TECH continuously cooperates with Universities and Research Centers in designing its R&D activities. In particular it is:
- member of the “Consorzio Milano Ricerche” (http://www.milanoricerche.it/members/) a “non-profit organization aimed at promoting and managing research and innovation through the development of joint projects with Universities , Research Centers, Enterprises and SMEs“;
- founding member and partner of the Polo di Innovazione per le Tecnologie della Salute (http://www.biotecnomed.it/profilo/);
- founding member and partner of the Interdisciplinary Consortium for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (IC)3, at the Sloan School of Management of MIT (https://ic3.mit.edu/research/).
The execution of research activities is spread among the companies of BV TECH Group, with a vocation of choice for the Operating Unit of Lamezia Terme, and also assigned to the Business Units basing on the competence and interaction with the specific mission . This approach allows one hand to seize the best opportunities for co-financing, the other to engage the most qualified expertise and skills available in the Company for the better exploitation of the results of research in terms of professional and industrial opportunities.